Once you have been tagged, you have to write a blog with 10 random things, facts, goals, or habits about yourself. At the end, choose 10 people to be tagged, listing their names & why you chose them. Don't forget to leave them a comment (you're it!) and to read your blog for instructions. You can't tag a person who has tagged you. Since you can't re-tag me, let me know when you've posted your blog so I can read the answers!
1. I work on the 13th floor of my building. Good thing I'm not triskaidekaphobic. ^-^
2. My childhood/adolescent dream was to be a professional figure skater. I was never very good at it, lol, but I did singles skating from age 10 to the end of high school, and then during my freshman year of college I joined the NYC Intercollegiate Synchronized Skating team for fun. (If you don't know what synchro is, here's a random vid of the Haydenettes
who are one of the top US teams.)
The team I was on had nooo funding, and we had to practice at 1am on Thursday nights because that was when ice time was cheapest. The year after I joined, we disbanded because most of us were too busy to skate. Before that, though, we did get to go to the U.S. Synchro Nationals in San Diego (at the time, there weren't that many college synchro teams, so everyone got to attend Nationals regardless of ability). That was awesome, because San Diego is beautiful. :D
3. For several years when I was younger, I used to have episodes of sleep paralysis
—sometimes even with the hallucinations—anywhere from once a week to two or three times a night. Now it only happens to me once every few months.
4. This one is probably TMI!!!!!!! ahhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
but I think I must have a mild form of trichotillomania
, a disorder characterized by obsessively pulling your hair out, lol. Not that I pull hair out of my scalp, but aside from the usual girly eyebrow tweezing, I get way too into plucking the hairs on the backs of my fingers/hands (usually using my fingernails). When I was younger, my mom didn't allow me to shave my legs, so I plucked them. A couple years ago, I noticed a friend of mine plucking the hair on the backs of her hands with her fingernails (like me! lol); I called her on it and we had a huge bonding moment. LOL.
5. If I have bananas on hand, I'll eat them in combination with almost everything. With scrambled eggs, steak, fish sticks ... everything!! (And when I say in combination, I mean something like a slice of banana and a piece of egg in the same bite). X)
6. I *suck* at debating things. I don't mean school team debate (well, I suck at that, too!) but just everyday debates like, "Is Superman boring or is he not?" LOL. There's a really good Kurt Cobain quote ... that I can't find, lol ... about arguing with a lot of sincerity, but no logic, and that's pretty much me. If I have to defend a point in say, a paper, I'm fine, but I'm not a quick thinker, so if I have to defend a viewpoint in real time to another person, my ability to be coherent oftentimes crumbles. It's really frustrating, lol. :/
7. I haven't bought myself a new article of clothing in something like 5 years. It started out as a way to save money in college, but now that I've gone for so long without buying new clothes, it's gotten really hard to break the "habit." My wardrobe is going to bore me to death. Must ... go ... shopping ...
8. For a few years (probably from when I was 16 to 19) I used to meditate on an almost daily basis. It actually really worked for me in terms of helping me focus and deal with Issues and what not, but maybe it worked a little too well, because when I *wanted* to just daydream and lose myself in thought, I couldn't really snap back into that mindset (daydreaming is very important to me, lol =P). I eventually stopped meditating out of laziness or being too busy or something and am back to being a complete scatter brain. XD I *would* like to take it up again someday, but have yet to find a way to make time for it ...
9. I HATE math with the passion of a thousand burning suns. I literally almost walked out of the GREs during the math section. And the math on the GREs isn't even difficult math, lol.
10. I used to work in my university's Physics Department, and would put away the class demos/lock up the big lecture halls after the last evening classes finished. Once the lecture halls emptied, I'd go into them and sing at the top of my lungs for however long I felt like before locking up. It was like singing in the shower, times 100! =P I always thought I must've scared some of the janitors/security guards/whoever was on the night staff, but no one ever walked in on me, so maybe not. *sheepish grin*
I'm not tagging anyone specific since so many people have already done this meme. If you haven't been tagged for it, though ... YOU'RE IT!
Also, if you've posted something you'd like me to look at (especially if it's something I said I'd get to a frillion years ago and haven't gotten to yet) feel free to take this moment to nudge me about it. I'm trying to do some catch up before falling into oblivion again, but I'm doing a very spotty job of it soo, yes ... nudge meeeeeeeeee. :D